Another Virtual Bar: Friday 15th Feb 2019

Next up:

1 Like

Had the ‘Golden’ beer from these guys (Oxfam Shop in Brugge, many years ago). How is it?

<*))))))><

<*))))))><

1 Like

I liked Taybeh Golden. This one is pretty good too, but I’d say it’s a lot more of a stout than a Dunkler Bock. A lot of coffee and roastiness.

Untappd has it down as a dark lager. Brewer intent I suppose.

2 Likes

First up a new Barrier/Seven Island/Thin man collab, nice fruity number…

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/barrier-seven-island-3-prong-spear/695090/

Time to put the oven on and start messing with the Pizza!

half-way down my 'Hair in the mailbox, so will hopefully not find any hairs on me Pizza!

<*))))))><

Back home, and some beer to rate from earlier. But for now. A can of Buxton Black Rocks. It’s a black ipa not @harrisoni favourite style. I like this one.

3 Likes

Is Stout - Dry one of those styles that underrepresented because a lot of people add them as plain old Stout?

Marks & Spencer Irish Stout to get my ticks up

(I guess as it’s on Prime the Daily Mail has failed to notice that Preacher is a series which features a runaway God who prefers to indulge in his rubber dalmation dog gimp suit fetish.)

My brother brought round a crate of Brewdog standards at Christmas. Has reminded me why I loved Brewdog so much from the outset. Had the Punk & Dead Pony at Christmas, loved revisiting them much more than I expected. Tonight I’ve revisited Jackhammer and thoroughly enjoyed it, well worthy of the 4 rating I gave it originally. Yum!

1 Like

I don’t think so.

It’s big in the US … from the Irish link.

If you’ve ever done many Old Skool US brewpubs they always have a Mac Sporran … (Scottish Ale) and an O’Hoolihan (Irish dry stout.)

I’ve always been relatively high up compared to other UK raters in the Dry stout top 50 by style on account of me having been to quite a few US brewpubs compared to most.

It’s just not a stout type that people bother to brew much in the UK and Europe.

Belgium’s turn now!

Real liquorice flavours in this brew.

<*))))))><

That’s a nicely embroidered table cloth. :thinking:

Why, thank you!

The wife will be pleased you noticed.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Is embroidered a word. I was thinking embroided

Looks like you’ve had some nice beers tonight

1 Like

I must try to find more ‘neutral’ backgrounds for my beer pics. Can’t have the surrounds taking away the focus from the beer and glassware!

<*))))))><

Cheers. Yes, my beers have been varied and interesting. More to come!

<*))))))><

Pizza Time. Photo’s of before and after!

f

<*))))))><

The Mrs is home so the bar is shut. Normally would have been ringing for a takeaway the moment she left the house but had a big lunch. Cheese on toast - one slice with piccalilli and one with garlic mayo.

1 Like

OK, goodnight; expecting my wife home around midnight. A few brews to hit before then (hopefully).

<*))))))><