Beer Events / The Shires, etc

I searched around several times but didn’t locate any group of your description. We were on the round table up on Bob’s stage, probably being a bit noisy.

We were outside and managed to get a free table inside when the weather changed. Seemed to be busier than prior couple of fests.

Definitely will be in Sheffield on the Thursday 20th so aiming to visit both of these. If you see a beer list for either would be keen to see them. Cheers, Glen.

Alchemik

Passion for Sorachi (only one in the country)
Imperial Lemoncake
Nuttin Butter
Barely Legal (one of 2 in the country)

plus the UK-brewed Yellowcake collab

2 Likes

Lincoln CAMRA Beer festival is back on this yearr. Normal 100ish beers plus cider. It’s running from the 25th May to the 27th May and is at the Drill Hall in Lincoln.

https://lincoln.camra.org.uk/41st-lincoln-beer-festival/

I’m going on Thursday 25th May

2 Likes

The Newark CAMRA beers festival overlaps with the Lincoln beer festival slightly. The dates are 26th May to the 28th if May.

I will be going on Friday 26th May

Thinking of going to this on the Thurs Eve if anyone fancies it?

Unfortunately same weekend as Beer on the Wye in Hereford which we always try to go to.

Ah shame!

I thoroughly recommend the Rutland CAMRA beer festival 22-25 June. I try to go every year. It’s a lovely setting at the museum, and while the list isn’t massive, you’ll get your share of Rutland ticks as well as good Cambs and Leics breweries (Three Blind Mice usually have a few for instance).

They’re putting on an Oakham Ale Trail this year. Most pubs are meh but the Grainstore Tap in definitely worth a look (and more Rutland ticks for most).

I’m going on either the Thursday or Friday. Will let you know incase someone wants to join me (or avoid me).

The weekend of Fri 30th June and Sat 1st July there are both Stratford upon Avon Beer Festival at the Racecourse and the Bromsgrove Beer Festival at the Rugby Club. I’m going to try and fit both in but not sure in which order yet. I have done Stratford many times and it is a pleasant, relaxed festival in a great setting, I have never done the Bromsgrove version yet but it seems bigger with a greater range of beers.

1 Like

The Nottingham Craft Beer Festival is on the 16 & 17 June. It’s at the Sneinton Market Avenues. Also home of Neon Raptor.

Not to mention the Stafford and Chester Beer Festivals on exactly the same dates. I hope to be working at the Stafford one.

3 Likes

There is a Beer Festival currently happening and through this weekend at the Old Windmill in Coventry. 40 beers but not all on at the same time.

1 Like

Deep into Oxfordshire, there is the wonderful Charlbury Beer Festival this Saturday. Easy from the Railway Station, it is at the Cricket club just over the road with marquee’s and bands. 2 New Oxfordshire Breweries and a new Buckinghamshire Brewery await me. This is, honestly, one of the highlights of the year.

1 Like

Short notice but Shakespeare’s in Sheffield has a mild & wild event starting tomorrow, beer list below

"Here’s your beer list for this weekend while we get MILD N WILD :v:

And here’s some very important information. NOT ALL OF THE CASKS WILL BE POURING AT THE SAME TIME. We might be known for being slightly maverick with our beer events and line-ups, but even we know slamming 6 milds on together during 30 degree weather would be too silly. They will be pouring one or two after the other through the coming week or so.

If some crazy situation occurs where any of the kegs go, we’ve got spares :sunglasses:

KEG

Epochal - Momentary Rabbit Stage - 6%

Wilderness - The House I grew up in - 5.8%

Holy Goat - Crimson Blade - 7.5%

Crossover - Texas Suprise - 2022 6.1%

Little Earth Project - Elderflower and gooseberry sour 2021 - 4.8%

Pastore x Little Pomona - La Pera - 6%

Duration x Burning Sky - Fermata Friends - 6%

Red Willow - Calvados Dubbel Mild - 10.9%

Boxcar - Triple Mild - 9%

Cult of Oak - Blood of Golden Spurs - 9.3%

Barrique Folle - Saison de Coupage - 2/3 nectarine sour and 1/3 aged Fantome 5.7%

CASK

North Riding - Dark Mild - 4.3%

Blue Bee - Damflask Dark Mild - 3.5%

Chapter - Hidden Lakes Mild - 3.2%

Red Willow - Dark Ruby Mild - 4.2%

Howling Hops - Alpha Lupi Coffee Mild -4.2%

Unbarred - Dark Mild - 3.9%

LET’S GET WILD, LET’S GE-EET MILD."

1 Like

I’m intending to get to the Smithfield Beer Festival, Derby this weekend 27th till 30th July. An amazing 7 new Breweries for me on the list. It was certainly the best Pub Beer Festival I went to last year, so really looking forward to it. Hoping to do Thursday afternoon, if the trains are running! Anyone else?

i’m quite tempted. a few new breweries though the beers from them seem pretty standard… might take a view once I see Tomothy’s list for the keg bar

I saw the keg list on Scoopgen this morning.

I’ll be there Thursday - would be great to see you again Glen. 10 new breweries for me…

1 Like