Cloudwater rebrew DIPA v3, and release v3.1

They arrived!

Box was warm to the touch. Been sat in a baking hot van all morning and no doubt a hot warehouse all weekend. Those poor poor beers :frowning:
The poor things have been immediately placed in the fridge.

1 Like

great !

fucken idiots !!!

did your tracking ever change today ?

Mine is still as last nights update … loaded to lorry in Oxford 2345 Friday.

Nothing else!

Yeah tracking was working fine for it. Changed to Out For Delivery at 7:46am this morning. Then to Delivered shortly after I received.

Sounds like yours is still in a depot somewhere :frowning:

FFS … supposed to be taking these to Copenhagen tomorrow … sole purpose of much of this purchase!

Mine arrived Saturday morning which was a bit annoying. I’d have been more pissed off had I paid for the delivery. Do worry about where the beers were kept but I too chucked them straight in the fridge.

Ha … I checked my tracking one last time a few minutes after my last post and they showed as delivered @1231 !

Missus went home for lunch today and confirms their existence.

1 Like

Horay! Get those bad boys packed! :grinning:

1 Like

Same, glad to have them. Although I’m not in the mood for drinking them today

Looks like all of us got our deliveries today but apparently there’s still quite a lot who haven’t. A lot of activity on Cloudwater’s Twitter.

I’ll link all the tweets below, but the gist of it is that Cloudwater and customers are furious about it. Cloudwater have a meeting with Parcelforce tomorrow morning, after which they will be posting a full report (I assume on their blog - I’ll post that here when I see it). They’ll be pushing PF for compensation btw.
Unfortunately Cloudwater have had to close their phone lines for today as the team have been apparently been receiving lots of abuse from angry customers - this is well out of order, why do dickheads think this is acceptable? It’s not even their fault.

I’m curious how desperate PF will be to keep Cloudwater as a customer. I’m pretty sure CW will want to find a better courier ASAP. I suggested they switch to APC’s “Liquids” service, which got a “like” on Twitter from CW. They are to-date the only courier who have never fucked up a delivery to me. I think the vast majority of the shops in my bottleshop thread use APC, but most breweries seem to prefer Parcelforce for some reason. Volume of shipments may be a reason for this.

Tweet links:

1. https://twitter.com/cloudwaterbrew/status/993859237146255360
  2. https://twitter.com/cloudwaterbrew/status/993891411211767809
  3. https://twitter.com/cloudwaterbrew/status/993892747881967618
  4. https://twitter.com/cloudwaterbrew/status/993892749631000581

Question for anyone with science/brewing knowledge: Realistically, how “damaged” are our beers going to be from sitting in these conditions for 4-5 days?

Let’s assume “worst” case scenario that they were sitting in a hot warehouse/van at 24°c+ for 12+ hours for 4 days straight. What will have happened in this time? Is it a long enough period of time to have caused negative consequences in aroma/taste?

Mine are in my locker at work and will stay there til Friday. #Savage

I think mine and Colins order mirrored each other, mine was also in Oxford Friday. I chased Cloudwater today but after they replied I checked Parcelforce again and just as I was replying to Cloudwater for a second time with more details, Loz took delivery. Phew…

I think wildly fluctuating temperatures are the biggest issue.

1 Like

Annoying thing is that this is about the 8th order I’ve taken from Cloudwater and parcel force have been bang on the money on all the previous drops … ie next day.

1 Like

Snap. Was my 8th too and likewise haven’t had a problem until now.
Have had problems with PF in the past though so it’s definitely not the first time, all in all highly unfortunate this happened on the hottest weekend of the year.

Drinking the first one now … the burnt mill collab.

It’s not their best work by a long way but my rate is likely to pan out 3.4/5 so in line with its relatively low 3.38 average.

I don’t think it’s bollocksed … it’s just a pretty average one by CW standards !

Hi mate, I wanted to ask you a quick thing regarding recommendations to send a box from UK to Spain. My brother got my shipment of Cloudwater and needs to send it from York to Spain, what do you recommend? I was looking at UPS via Interparcel, do you think that one will work? Thanks!

I’ve not tried UPS myself but have heard they’re fine. Parcelforce or DPD are generally decent choices most of the time, and usually cheaper. Definitely avoid WN Direct or Hermes or any option that uses Hermes for the UK portion of the journey.

Awesome, thanks! I will take a look at those options.

Forgot to say, if it’s a small box (like maybe 1-4 beers) under 2kg in weight he can just take it to the post office and send with Royal Mail, but prices vary, it may still be cheaper going via Interparcel, which has been my experience.