Competition Time ... FREE BEER!

Did not realize Rockaway had a cat, a reason for me to go back there… Did you see Simcoe at Grimm?

I will say that after yesterday some of you have already been eliminated from winning this contest.

2 Likes

Day 3 breakfast time

Day 2 dramas included an exploding can of beer in my bag, arriving at a brewpub to find it closed (despite website saying otherwise in terms of opening times) and Shawn covering Fergus in a pint of water.

We focused on our DC region ticks yesterday hitting Bluejacket, Red Bear, Atlas and Right & Proper

Total … 60 … a significant rise from the paltry 14
I arrived with

Throw in lunch at Pizza Paradiso, a visit to the Other Half taproom and an evening tasting with the excellent DC crew, hosted by Nimbleprop, and day 2 score was 127 rates

Total rates for trip now 192

10 Likes

Small black and white cat i seem to recall ? Wasnt as engaging as Rockaway cat who basically owned the bar space !

Rockaway cats box on the bar

6 Likes

That is Simcoe, yeah. He doesn’t like people. My favorite is drunk people getting sad because they try to pet him and he runs away.

2 Likes

Day 4 and were sat in a diner in Williamsburg VA

Nothing opens till 12 on the beer scene here so fuelling up with American breakfast items for the day ahead

Day 3 was the big road trip day so best part of 5 hours not rating

We drove from DC to Charles Town for Abolitionist Aleworks … West Virginia so a new state tick for me

20 on tap (which automatically puts you in top 50 for WV!)

Competition beer purchased … a CDA no less !

We then drove to Richmond via a few brew pubs then hit Scotts addition … Richmond Bermondsey in effect

The Veil was solid, Vasen who i had never heard of were great and we ended up at Bingo Brewing … a night club brewery!

Total rates day 3 … 105

Trip total after day 3 … 297

7 Likes

View from Bear Chase brewing, VA

4 Likes

So the final total is going to far exceed the highest estimate!

1 Like

What I would expect

Backing myself I’d have gone 700

Although you say that … @FLBH said 724 … I’d back her !!!

Yes. I think that @FLBH can pretty much be declared the victor unless any livers start spontaneously combusting or similar.

Lots of guess’s eliminated yesterday and today. Sowwy baht!

Mainly been arseholes thus far !

1 Like

Alewerks, Williamsburg VA

Another bunch of ticks

4 Likes

Big pours.

Where all the mead at?

Seems I didn’t win… Feel free to bring me WV beer anyway :wink:

And day 4 draws to a close with a tasting @SHIG haus.

Today we hit 4 brewpubs in Williamsburg then a self service taproom with an evening tasting back at SHIG’s.

Total rates for day … 105 … strangely the same as yesterday without attempting to mirror that !

Bypassed the 300’s … Total Rates for trip now at 402.

1 Like

Mead … I don’t mind me a mead but don’t actively seek it out as a rule.

We have a spare can to bring back to England now, as SHIG had done a pre-order from Abolitionist for take aways earlier in the week, but when we arrived one of those beers had dropped onto the tap list.

I’m sure I can bring this to the Birmingham gathering in July thanks to SHIG who has donated it.

1 Like
2 Likes