Competition Time ... FREE BEER!

I may have to withdraw from the competition on the grounds of independence. I’ll be happy if Willis finds me some Grapefruit Sculpin and the CDA can go to someone who will probably appreciate it more.

I’m curious to know what size beer measure you chaps drink for each rate. Looks like you have a half pint of each beer shared between 4 so that’d be an eighth of a pint for each rate, is that correct? You can all drink more than me these days I’m sure. Enjoy the remainder of your trip.

1 Like

This list will see more eliminated today. Maybe I should do a ‘Mercia only event for how many I’ll end with.

1 Like

Size varies between half pint and Danish thimbles.

Day 6 breaks and we were up at silly o’clock and now on the 539 Amtrak from Newport News to Philly.

We arrive at noon so was either man up and get up or take the only other train of the day which is mid afternoon arriving around 10 at night … no brainer then otherwise wasting a day and we roll off the miles whilst the bars arent even open!

Day 5 was simply a day around Norfolk VA featuring 5 brew pubs, a bottle shop and a taproom.

Tasting back at SHIGS

Strangely, and not contrived, 105 rates for the day again

Trip total now at 507

Totals will drop off over next few days as back to a 3 man team.

Big props to @SHIG and Mrs SHIG for hosting us and running us around.

9 Likes

I thought my guess of 450 would be too low, but didn’t expect you to beat it so quickly.

<*))))))><

1 Like

It was my family’s pleasure to host you for some of the trip. Huge shout out to @nimbleprop and DC Crew for the awesome tasting. Didn’t know if I was going to make it through work today and most likely will be in bed early today.

3 Likes

Breakfast awaits on day 7, our last full day in the US of A.

ISO ‘Scrapple’… a pig bits inspired Philly delicacy … go Google!

A successful day 6 was had with a blend of old and new skool … kicked off in the Victory taproom … still knocking out a large and decent range despite the AB takeover … we then hit a taproom yielding lots of new brewery ticks from PA, DE and NJ followed by Love city - a newish brewer (2018) … back to the OG with Yards and a couple more after that … no tasting last night as we were pooped after the 0430 start so crashed when we got back to our appartment at half 10ish.

About to fire up the laptop and plan the day ahead … Philly venues a little more spread out than other places we have visited and being a Tuesday many dont open till 1600.

Day 6 total … 80

Trip total … 587

4 Likes
3 Likes

I guess you guys will tick more than 8 beers today…

2 Likes

Just had 2 cans before breakfast … so id say so!

4 Likes

Grade A scrapple

3 Likes

Thank you for accepting our peasant culture with an open gullet.

2 Likes

We’ve just arrived back into NYC on our final (part) day. Plan is to head over to Brooklyn and pick off a few brewery taps there before heading to JFK around 1800 then the red eye home.

Day 7 was the most disrupted of the trip in that we hit one closed brewery (our fault for not checking the hours thoroughly) and another one that had a sign on the door stating … ‘closed due to unforseen circumstance… we’re trying to work things out’. Kind of sniffed of financial problems in my mind and I think the sign could have been there a while.

Anyhow we persisted with a mix of breweries and taprooms including the well known Monks Cafe where we scored 4 Hill Farmstead and 2 Russian River ticks amongst other goodies.

Day total 80 (again)
Trip total … 667.

4 Likes

The one that was closed due to unforeseen circumstances (Fermentery Form) would only have been open Saturday afternoon. I believe the issue had to do with licensing.

No wasnt that one … would like to have visited but aware weekend only

Was Separatist in South Philly that should have been open but wasnt

Ho. Lee.

1 Like

@marko you’re most likely eliminated by now too!

1 Like

Last beer did that !

2 Likes

Beer #700 has just gone … a mild

700 was always my target

Cab booked to JFK in 30 mins

1 Like