FAO UK Admins - Breweries/Places Housekeeping

Job done.

All sorted if you would like to take a look.

Cheers

Glen

Hmm, not happy about merging these just yet until we get some solid evdence they are the same. De merging is a messy old business.

Now closed on here.

Hours and taps added.

Cheers Fin, Checked this and yes they have closed. I only had the 2 beers from them but they were both really very good, would have liked more.

Once more up to date again. Keep them coming please. Apologies for delays from time to time but drinking takes precedence!!

3 Likes

Cheers for all your hard work as usual, I don’t mind any delays for stuff like this.

Re: Velvet Owl yeah it all looks good now. Two minor points…
1) their previous address noted in the description was actually taken from Companies House and I suspect is or was actually the owner’s home address, they didn’t have their own site/brewery prior to now so may not be relevant to put there, although it’s useful to know they were Gloucestershire based before.
and 2) even more minor thing but the place might be better named “Velvet Owl Tap Room”

Re: Torrside Late To The Party hop editions. Yes I agree, do NOT merge. The responses from others show that there are or were at least 2 separate versions with different hops used. For once it looks to be Untappd that has the inaccuracies… think we’re all good with this one on RB :slight_smile:
The description for the beer on Eebria (normal version not NZ) lists 3 hops which are slightly different again (Wakatu instead of Motueka). So I’m wondering if there’s actually been a few different versions of it and they just ended up dropping the NZ part. Unfortunately the bottles don’t list the hops used so it will be impossible for users to know which one they’re drinking.

If I find any definitive information on them I’ll submit a correction but for now it’ll be fine leaving as they are.

The bottle on Eebria says New Zealand Edition on the label. The old (?l) pump clip on the keg version doesn’t.

Just tried to seen this…

Is there an agreed way of adding places that are in a chain? Only Leicester and Liverpool are clearly identifiable and 3 including Leicester don’t mention Camerons.

Maybe one to be sorted?

The Ferry Ales Brewery, has changed the branding of all its beers.

Now rather than F.A.B. they use the full name Ferry Ales Brewery

I can submit updated images, but each beer needs the name changing

https://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/ferry-ales-brewery-f-a-b/29935/

The website we give on the places page for BrewDog York, in for a brewdog blog. Not the bar webpage it should be…

Place page below:

https://www.ratebeer.com/p/brewdog-york-york/67300/

It’s an omission of whoever added the ones such as Leicester that they left out the brewer. However if it is a chain then adding the city at the name appears to be standard practice ala BrewDogs or Drafthouses.

Can we add a new type of UK brewery: Faux Craft.

I.e. when old.fashioned microbreweries start labelling their beers with a new brand name and start canning

Windsor & Eaton/Uprising
West Berkshire/Renegade
Binghams/Ricochet

Is it a Berkshire thing?

Them there are the breweries who just rebrand themselves and open a taproom. I.e. Dorset or Ascot.

Basically the brewing biz is just along the music biz. Flexi-cans next?

1 Like

Sorry guys, Leicester HoS was my bad. Will try to be more careful in future :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ale Emporium in Preston is now called Mad Hatters. Presume the new landlord changed the name but otherwise it would appear to be business as usual:

https://www.ratebeer.com/p/ale-emporium-formerly-bitter-suite/8359/

Not a brewery/place but figured here is a good place to ask. As a point of clarification what exactly constitutes a Cream Ale in the UK for RB purposes? (assuming the brewer doesn’t explicitly state the beer is a Cream Ale)

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/fierce-beer-amundsen-orange-scream/609926/
https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/fierce-beer-melba-scream/613156/

I think I added that first beer as an APA, someone else added the other, but I noticed both have since been edited to a Cream Ale. I’m very unfamiliar with said style but I’m just wondering if that is correct and if so why (not disagreeing, I’d genuinely like to know why)?

The reason I ask is because of all the “Ice Cream” beers I’ve had not one of them is a Cream Ale on RB, unlike these two above. Talking about ones like:

There are more as well but they happen to also fit into the Imperial Porter or Imperial Stout category which is fair enough. But what makes those two Fierce beers a Cream Ale while the other incredibly similar beers are APAs? Different brewing processes producing a similar end result? I don’t know how each of beers I mentioned were brewed but I just get the feeling some are wrong, or perhaps fit across multiple styles, if so, how do we decide which one to add as?

A cream ale is a lagered top fermented ale hybrid thing that has nothing at all to do with cream. Neither of those beers should be cream ales unless the underlying beer also just happens to be a cream ale, which seems unlikely.

Right. I admittedly did not know that before,in fact I didn’t know anything at all about the style. But I just read about it on Wikipedia which led to me asking this question. I’m 99% sure I did not select Cream Ale when adding, so it’s perhaps a rare admin mistake then? No worries if it is. One good thing is it’s led to me learning about a somewhat rare style :slight_smile:
Unless of course the underlying beer itself is a cream ale, but I didn’t see any posts by the brewery to suggest it was.

Just added a new brewery:

https://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/good-living-brew-co/35595/

I tweeted Inn At Home and was informed that they’re based in Sussex and brewed in Woking. However the company is registered to a Woking address so suspect that it is the other way around. Added as a Contract Brewer. There is a gin company based in Woking but unless Thurstons are brewing for them I’d suggest it’d be more likely to be a larger Sussex brewery.