FAO UK Admins - Breweries/Places Housekeeping

Twisted Wheel have closed

This is more of s surprise than some of the others - their beer was popping up everywhere.

Two more breweries folding - Solvay Society and Emsworth Brewhouse.

Where is the announcement? I see Solvay Society on their Facebook.

Local CAMRA guy. Was going to add that they’re staying open until end of year, although just looked and couldn’t see official announcement.

However Slater’s (Staffordshire) have announced on Facebook that they’re closing in the New Year.

1 Like

This beer https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/caps-off-milk-stout/958917/ is now known as Don’t Mention The Wall. Please alias. I have an image of an updated pump clip which I can load if you like.

Here’s a list of breweries that have shut down this year:

I did a quick check against Ratebeer and these breweries have apparently closed and are still open on here:

Avid

Box Steam

Burton Town

Errant

Frisky Bear

Mighty Medicine

Ride

Rock Mill

Tapestry

Weal

From the London area, Canopy is closing at the end of the year - although it’s still selling beer for now.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CkqFYeHInvc/

All good things must come to an end. After 8 years and 3 million pints of beer, we are closing Canopy. There are many reasons and they are all boring, so let’s talk about the good stuff instead. You, our supporters and customers, have been wonderful. You have drunk and made us happy. You have always been so supportive, so thirsty, so passionate about what we built and for that we will always be grateful. Most importantly, WE STILL HAVE BEER! So let’s raise a toast for one last Christmas of Brockwell IPAs by the fire. The tap room will be open until the end of the year, please do come and join us for a beer. That’s what it has always been about - sharing good beer and good times. With your help, we built something from nothing - so thank you, thank you, thank you :relaxed::two_hearts::broken_heart:

Canopy is a heartbreaker. They are actually my highest-rated UK brewery!

1 Like

Bumping again. I did the leg work here, and can make the fixes once it’s decided what they are, but can someone local please decide what needs to be done. @imdownthepub @Theydon_Bois @LazyPyro

Foley’s in Leeds was closed for ages due the pandemic. They’ve reopened as Foley’s Tap House, with a little bit more emphasis on keg but still plenty of cask.

https://www.ratebeer.com/p/mr-foleys-cask-ale-house-york/12602/

Do you all reckon it needs a new entry, closing this one, or keep it? Doesn’t sound like there’s masses of change.

Is it still Black Sheep? I’d personally only add a new place if it was now under new management, etc.

1 Like

Yes, still Black Sheep/York. So I shall change the name but leave as is. Thanks.

So as I understand it, both the Brecon and Lithic brands and presumably recipes (rather than their actual breweries) were bought by Cold Black Label. In which case your suggestion sounds perfectly reasonable to me. i.e. put dates in the retired ones, “(-2019)” I assume, and anything new should be added/moved to Cold Black Label since they’re the ones brewing the brand now. This is surely the more correct way to do things, even if it ends up slightly more confusing to users.

I suppose the only other option is we reopen Brecon Brewing and make sure Cold Black Label is set as the brewed by for any applicable beers, but I’m not sure that’s the right thing to do is it since they don’t exist as a brewery or even a client/contract now. I’ll defer to our more experienced colleagues you’ve already tagged, but yeah I think your suggestion is the best way to do it.

Not heard of this famous brewery - Linfit - but Facebook’s vagueries have provide for me a story from the local rag in Huddersfield:

Oh no not Linfit, that is a real shame, however pleased that the pub will continue operating. I’ve had a few nights, mostly back in the late eighties and early nineties at the Sair Inn drinking Enochs Hammer amongst others. Loz used to live on the other side of the valley on top of the moor above Slaithwaite.

Newtown Park have closed their brewery. Tap room to remain open and they will instead look to brew via partnerships, which is presumably the PR term for contract brewing

And Boutilliers.

The Brewed Boy tap at the brewery shut but was sure about Imaginary Frriends. However just noticed them on Beer Nouveau’s list of 2022 closures.

https://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/imaginary-friends-brewing/37708/

Also South Lakes have appreared on the list.

https://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/south-lakes-brewing/26225/

1 Like

Amongst the doom and gloom of brewery closures someone in Twitter asked if there was a list of brewery openings. Thought I would cross reference Ratebeer with Quaffale. Have spottwd 10 breweries that have yet to be added to Ratebeer so will start on them. Apologiews for all the spelllijg erros, Admins.

Also there are new breweries set to open in Bordon and Dorking shortly.

Let us know which ones they are

If you add them add beers or they will just get duped later.