Fuller's & Friends

2 Likes

Beautiful

If you do go, could you check whether they have the Fuller & Friends packs in stock at the brewery shop? I don’t see it in the Fullers online shop. It would actually be easier for me to get it from the brewery shop than to hunt round Waitrose outlets.

As an aside, the prices in the Fullers online shop just get sillier & sillier. A hundred quid for the early Brewers Reserves - are they avin a laff? Oh for the days when they were flogging off mixed cases of Vintage ales for £30.

Fullers John said they shoudl appear in the on-line store

F&F launch party (another one!) at Fourpure this evening 6-9pm, with Fuller’s folk in attendance and all six beers available.

Yeah, was going to go but now can’t make it unfortunately.

Fuller’s Imperial Stout (£8) and 2017 Vintage Ale (£6) have both appeared on Waitrose online shop, still no sign of the collab pack though. I’m beginning to think that’s most likely an in-store exclusive.

You know I was just wondering about that myself last night and was thinking of posting here about it. Curious if anyone’s had any of those beers and if they’re really worth £100? Seems extortionate. What exactly makes them cost (or makes Fuller’s believe it’s worth) £100?

Definitly no. Esp as there a good chance a ratebeer guy or two will have a one or two kicking around and would be happy to share

Oh I wasn’t planning on buying one myself anyway I was just curious if people thought it was really worth the 100 quid.

1 Like

Our £515 for the 1997…
https://shop.fullers.co.uk/collections/vintage-ale/products/vintage-ale-1997-rare

Jeez… yeah I saw that one too. Thing is if I had £500+ to spend on beer I’d rather buy as many bottles as possible rather than just one special one. There’s no guarantee it’s even that good. Anyone think they’d give it a perfect 5 rating?

Most likely not. If anything, it’d probably get a 2.8, meh oxidized

2 Likes

A while back Fullers really ramped up the prices of older editions of Vintage Ales. Before that you could often pick them up at the brewery shop - if you were lucky, their stock control seemed a bit haphazard - for a very reasonable price. I guess they did it because they felt people would pay the price. I don’t know how many do. Certainly not me.

Now they seem to have applied this approach to the other “specials”.

As I said, a few years ago they were selling off Vintage Ale at knock down prices. I think I got 24 bottles for £40. It was a bit of pot luck which years you got and it didn’t include the really old vintages but I certainly got some that were 4 or 5 years old.

My best Fullers bargain was when I popped in to Sainsburys Camden to pick up a bottle of the recently released Vintage Ale (can’t remember which year) and noticed it went through the till at 99p instead of, I think, £5.99. Being an honest citizen I pointed this out at the checkout and was told that was the price it was in their system at and that’s the price they’d sell it at. So I went back and picked up as many more as I could carry.

4 Likes

We just had the Vintage '97 back in February. It was still quite good. Any word on if these mix packs will hit the states?

Try Putney

That’s a wale, bro. I’d personally just look at it …but don’t touch it.Ever

I did ask Georgina Young at the launch and she implied no exports.

1 Like

I’ve posted about this before and like Chris I went and got a lot of the old Vintages for bargain prices years ago when Fullers were all but giving them away to clear the cellars. I picked up vintages from 1999 and onwards, I picked up quite a lot.

LazyPyro if you want to try a really old one I can pass one onto you, I’m afraid it won’t be a 1997 vintage but it will be somewhere between 1999 and 2008 probably depending what I’ve got left, I think I have about ten random vintages left between them years. I don’t want anything for it, it’s free to a good home, I cannot guarantee what it’ll be like but I can guarantee I’ve cellared them well since I have had them. Me and Loz will be in Cheltenham at Deya on Friday 22nd December and can pass it on then if you are about.

2 Likes

I’m missing the one vintage … the elusive 2003 along with quite a few others who just need that to complete the set.

I reckon a fair few would club together to try that one. Chatting to Yespr last weekend he’d factor in a trip to London to come and share it.

I wouldn’t however stretch to the Fuller’s online prices though.

Just double check you haven’t got an '03.

Pretty sure you looked for me a few years back and couldn’t see one.