Polish beer tasting at chriso's - any takers

So we have 7 attendees for Saturday 21st April so far?
Chriso
Harrsioni
The_Osprey
Benzai
Beersiveknown
Mr_Fr0g1
Theydon_bois

Is this enough to do an order of 60 bottles or do we need a few more to chip in?
60 x 500ml = 30,000ml
30,000ml / 7 raters = 4,285ml each or 4.3 litres = 7.5 pints each

I would be game, and 21 April should work for me.

And then there were 8.

1 or 2 more and an order for 90 beers is a definite possibility.

Just imagine what that will do for your Polish ratings, it would double mine easily and put it number 12 in my most rated countries.

MrTipple would be keen to join and share the pain (cost)!

Donā€™t count me in yet, it will probably be a last minute decision and it depends on a lot of factors (mainly the family though). Doesnā€™t look like any decision depends on me attending or not though, but if that were the case definitely go for preferences of the home crowd.

OK so a definite 8 still.

Any more???

Just imagine, a day drinking mostly lager. How wonderful!!!

I canā€™t commit yet but I have to say 90 Polish beers would seriously tempt me! Iā€™d have to send my current ticklist though to avoid repeatsā€¦!

Iā€™m not definite yet ā€¦ need to see if the missus has plans.

Definites?
Chriso
Harrsioni
The_Osprey
Beersiveknown
Mr_Fr0g
Leighton
Mr Tipple

Possibles
Benzai
Theydon_bois
Evilempire

Any more, for any more.

Pencil me in Chris/Mr Harrison, the missus has just given me the green light (hooray!). Wonā€™t be around 'til late afternoon though, working that day (boo!).

is date set in stone now? turns out Iā€™m in that London 28/29th anywayā€¦

1 Like

Tis a shame I canā€™t make that wknd.

I am around April 28/29ā€¦

I wouldnā€™t be able to do that weekend if things changed

Itā€™s the nature of something like this that a perfect weekend when everyone is free just doesnā€™t exist, so I am tempted to stay with 21st April. Up to Chris and Ruth as hosts of course, but I think people have committed/are committing to 21st April .

1 Like

Makes sense

no probs if itā€™s 21st, just means Iā€™m still a maybe, whereas 28th I could be a definite

OK, hereā€™s what I suggest.

1. We go for 21 April. As Ian says, weā€™ll never get a date that suits everyone.

2. We go for 90 beers. That might be a bit of a stretch for the number of definite attendees we have at the moment but too many is better than too few. Any excess could form the basis for a round 2 in, say, 3 months. Of course, thereā€™s a possibility that we might not be able to find a date that suits everyone for a second round, so some might miss out. If thatā€™s an issue, I suggest we scale down to 60 beers, which should be comfortably do-able with the numbers we have.

3. Iā€™ll make a Google doc for the order. If everyone attending could add, say, 10 beers they want (avoiding any that anyone attending has had before of course) that would make things easier. If Dave U could send me his Polish ticklist by some means or other (I can give him my email address) we can endeavour to avoid the ones heā€™s had in case he decides to attend.

Iā€™d like to get this done sooner rather than later. As I said, weā€™re likely to be away from 7 to 14 April and Iā€™d like to order in good time so I donā€™t have to deal with the hassle of the delivery arriving while weā€™re away.

1 Like

I will visit you one day Chris, this time the date is over the St Georgeā€™s Day weekend and I have duties to perform. So once again I am unable to attend.

Enjoy the tasting everybody and please raise a glass to me and St George.

<*))))))><