Supermarket updates

It was at The Colmore. I just saw the distinctive Azvex sign on a keg line and thought ‘they do great beer’. I asked for a half (they don’t do thirds as you will know) and was told its £12 something for the pint (so £6 something for a half I guess) and they have now been told to advise customers before they just pour it. I declined and went for something on cask. Not sure what style it was being a heathen but it would have been a strongun’ obviously.

Thus concludes my evidence to the select committee. For the first time in my life I feel sympathy for Boris and I read the Guardian.

3 Likes

Rip off Birmigham ! Although they do say look before you leap (tick) !!

2 Likes

Popped into the little Tesco near me this morning but didn’t see anything interesting. That’s the Tesco right near Hackney Downs station FYI.

The smaller Tescos seem to have taken a dive lately. Big stores have some interesting stuff including Vault City.

2 Likes

Oh indeed. There is a big Tesco near me. I pop in every couple months and almost always find a few new scoops.

Not sure this is the right thread, but it appears that the Home Bargains beers listed as brewed by “Off Axis Brew Co” were actually brewed by Donkeystone, as some of them are included in their assets which are/were up for auction JPS Chartered Surveyors | Assets of a Craft Brewery | Brewing Plant, Canning Line, Catering Equipment, Stock

2 Likes

That is interesting, not least because in my experience the Off Axis beers were significantly better than the Donkeystone ones!

1 Like

I’ve not tasted the Off Axis one I bought yet

If you fancy some cheap US ticks, looks like some new ones are coming to Home Bargains:

4 Likes

Does Home Bargains sell online or is it physical shops only for beers?

Thanks for this. Around 7 new beers for me from that list so will look to make a visit next week.

Mill House Brewing are the only brewery I’ve not seen in the UK. They are listed as a brew pub so not one of the big guns. Will definitely try to seek that Cucumber beer out of there’s!

A quick look at their online shop and they don’t seem to sell beers on the interweb.

Locked up Millhouse’s website. $25 for a sarnie. Do they know what type of shop HB is?

1 Like

My wife wanted to go to Home Bargains and was reminded of these beers. Managed to pick the 7 new ones. Had to root around to find ones that weren’t covered in dents.

They now seem to have a couple of Siren beers on permanently too.

1 Like

Only visited once since I posted and had no luck, although my local store is quite small so maybe they didn’t even bother stocking them there.

Yes stocking Siren is a good move. They sell better cheap craft knock offs than they used to. I remember having a funky mango pale brewed by Donkeystone that still gives me shivers.

1 Like

Picked up a Vietnamese beer in my local Lidl today ! “Sabeco Bia Saigon Export” - not listed on RB but I suspect it’s this beer rebadged https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/bia-saigon-special/63894/

This one has some Lidl rates so could be this.

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/saigon-export/13158/

I had this at my local Vietnamese restaurant chain. Pho.

I’ve raked it tonight. Don’t bust a gut. It’s horrible.

Currently available in Lidl for £24.99 (in England - price in the provinces may be different)

6 Likes

All new ticks as the one I had (Schneider) now has a new version.

3 Likes