Those around you in the Ratebeer top raters list

OK, sorry.

I am racking my brain to remember you and the context we met, I do get heavily involved when at festivals and I have in the past forgotten who I’ve met and chatted with.

Did we exchange beers, get introduced by ‘Fred Waltman’ or ‘Uncle Jimbo’?

Shit, I hate it when I can’t picture someone or the scene we met in.

I had a random bloke come up to me in a bar once in Oxford, he knew my given name and my wife’s, plus that I was BlackHaddock, we had apparently been at a few Belgian Beer Festivals in the same company. He was telling the bar staff what an ace bloke I was and an expert on Belgian beers, I nor my wife recognized, or knew him. Worried me actually.

<*))))))><

Jez is old and you must forgive his forgetfulness. He doesn’t even own a mobile phone and as to go to his senior citizens club so they can log him onto his Ratebeer account.

I thought you were not using the forums so much: PISS OFF!

<*))))))><

I was the American. Lol :joy: we had casual conversation since I was fairly new to the beer eating scene. Most likely started by you dragging around a fish and I being curious. I was also sitting with some investors in Young’s Brewing. So must have been ‘06 since it was after John Young passing. To many beers ago and 12 yrs on RB actually. If it was ‘07 I was sitting with the Danish/Finnish contingent.

I’ve held that fest in high regards, but had heard it’s gotten a bit uncontrollable.

Yes, those fish got around.

<*))))))><

I was on BA in those days.

I arranged to exchange some beers with a young US Airman from Ramstein one year, that is what was confusing me a little. Plus there used to be a few BA guys like Chuck Cooke? who would fly over especially for the festival.

Too long ago now.

<*))))))><

Jez I may leave Ratebeer forever soon. I am pretty close at the moment to giving up on it.

You and plenty of others it would seem.

I shall stay because I have no other data base of drank beers, having already fell out with Beeradvocate. It’s a shame, but i can see why you and many more are departing.

Anyway, see you in June at Cotteridge no matter what?

<*))))))><

I will be there either way. I don’t plan on losing contact with people on here.

1 Like

GOOD!

<*))))))><

1 Like

Bloody hell, that was years ago. Strangley enough, the friends I was with that day in Wandsworth, went back there two weeks ago. Small world really isn’t it?

<*))))))><

1 Like

Surprised im still so high given I’ve essentially stopped rating!