Those around you in the Ratebeer top raters list

Mostly or reasonably?

3 Likes

Mostly ok in person of course :wink:

1 Like

I am sure he would have sent me something, I traded in those days because I could use the US Forces Mail system and it cost next to nothing to ship. I also collect model beer lorries, it might have been one of those?

<*))))))><

1 Like

#1,359.

Only ever knowingly met one Ratebeerer and I canā€™t be bothered to see where BeerViking is on the list.

When Iā€™ve been at festivals recently and spoken to random people Iā€™ve mentioned Ratebeer and they all say theyā€™re on UT. Lazy canā€™t be bothered to write anything fxckers.

2 Likes

I am in a beer tasting group. Only five of us. The other four all use UT. Two of the others are also on here, one rarely, minutemat is the other.

<*))))))><

Weā€™ve met, twice, remember?

yes I remember. That was mansquito saying heā€™s never met any ratebeerians I was speaking when he and I briefly met. Iā€™ve met lots of folks from this site.

Having been to two Cotteridge Get Togethers, a Black Country Bus Bash and one European Summer Gathering I have met nearly 30 different Ratebeerians so far.

<*))))))><

Iā€™m at 176. From those between #100-200 Iā€™ve met 10, with @saintmatty at exactly the same #of ratings as me. From the top 100 Iā€™ve met 29 people.

2 Likes

Oh misunderstood you are on same page as me must of missed the name. I still owe you a beer someday for Lithuanian brew you brought me.

1 Like

Met most people around me and up the list. After a long time I met joergen by coincidence at Stone Berlin at a random day in Augustā€¦

Whatā€™s missing is a function to search for users by city. From time to time I see RBs Iā€™ve never met rating places in my area which would have been nice to meet.

Sorry I didnā€™t get a chance to meet VastActiv at EBF in Boston this year.
We had tickets on different days and I wasnā€™t able to go into the city a day early.
I rarely get a chance to meet somebody from Scandinavia.
He seems like a really nice person and he did a get job at entering local beers.

All of the New England raters know each other in some form or fashion. I very rarely get contacted from anybody out side New England when they visit. It may simply be due to everyone having their own schedule.
I donā€™t know why so few people reach out on here anymore.

And honestly, I used to be on the Admin forum a good amount and now it doesnā€™t appear anyplace on my pageā€¦ Guess I am out of the loop

Well that went to shit. The box was rejected and sent back.

US Customs were always difficult to get stuff through. I used to send bottle tops to a guy in Birmingham, Alabama and even they used to get opened sometimes.

<*))))))><

Nah, it never left the UK.

Iā€™m at 320. On that page I have met @markwise, @Homer321 and @vsxsv might have ticked a few more but donā€™t remember. Still wish we had a tick who we have met feature. Iā€™ve met a ton more in the top 100/150 range. @BlackHaddock too at Essen Christmas beer fest ā€˜07-09 time frame.

I am at 346.

On The same page I have only met @beersiveknown.

DanielBrown lives just a few mile from me but we always seem to miss each other or he is trying his best to avoid me.

In all I have probably met about 30 Ratebeerians as well.

You werenā€™t SHIG in those days though?

Those Essen Christmas fest were awesome, they just got too popular and the wife and I stopped going because of the queues and lack of space. A great pity, Gunter and his friends just canā€™t find a venue large enough in the town to take the volume of traffic.

<*))))))><

Oh.

<*))))))><

Iā€™ve always been SHIG. On all sites related to Beer.