Virtual Bar Friday 16th November 2018

Fist canning sounds pretty dangerous.

3 Likes

I always make an effort for Northants ticks having cut my ticking teeth, with amongst others, Parker and sons at the Cannon in Wellingborough when I was in the 6th form !

Light Brigade … £1.10 a pint and the old 10p piece bar billiards machine.

That was most Wednesday afternoons for me in the Upper VI !!!

1 Like

Can’t see any hote goldes from Hertfordshire so guessing you just purchased some nuts and chatted up the ginger guy behind the bar?

Cannon Fodder was a great beer in its day.

Fodder … yes

Pride was one wasn’t it?

Was Light Brigade one or have I invented that ?

Definitely Pride and Light Brigade. Think there may have been Heavy Brigade too.

Thanks … I suddenly had doubts about Light Brigade … that would have been a year of my drinking life removed if you hadn’t confirmed that !!!

My other regular brew pub at that time was the Brunswick in Derby … hours train ride on the odd afternoon … 1st brew, 2nd brew etc … recession ale.

I’ve recently tried a few of their beers at BeeerHeadz Lincoln. Consistently good. Look forward to the cans.

1 Like

Just drinking this smoked beer

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/aecht-schlenkerla-rauchbier-weizen/8565/295172/

Very much liked smoked cheese.

Ouch … that’s a low score for a Schlenkerla

Just had a Rowton Equinox porter and starting on a Salopian Crosshair. Decent shizzle in the shires

1 Like

Look out for a bloke with moobs in a turquoise gown hiding in the corner watching you !

1 Like

Yeah, but it is the Weizen version.

<*))))))><

Still … I rated it 3.7 and I’m a relatively stingey rater compared to many folks.

<*))))))><

1 Like

Should have stuck to my original plan of Steam Town Beer Co and the new place a taxi ride away I can’t remember the name of. In fact if I’d just stayed in Steam Town it would have been better than Winchester (two Cloudwater and two Siren ticks for a start). The Queen Inn beer was off and Overdraft was so full I didn’t bother ordering anything due to the beer being uninspiring or already had. At least I am now #1 rater of Steam Town and #9 for Hampshire now.

Maybe I should avoid smoked beer.

I’d been desparate to breach the top spot for Steamtown … damn you !

Incognito!

<*))))))><

Just sticking my head to say hi and 'night. Having to spend the evening at a school event with a stinking cold has done me in, so it’s a hot milk and early to bed. Sorry, will hopefully do better at the next virtual pub

2 Likes