What ya drinkin’ part XIX

Been 10 years since my last. As good or gooder than I remember.

The store also had the Oude Kriek* but 2 bastards got there before me and bought all of them. Poor etiquette in my book.
*I have not had it before.

9 Likes

Finally available in Casper.

6 Likes

Not drinking now, fairly obviously, but coming up soon.

Lost Abbey - Ghosts In The Forest 2017 - Oak Aged Wild Ale (375-ml) 1 bottle
Lost Abbey - Red Poppy 2016 - Barrel-Aged Sour Ale w/ Cherries & Poppy Seeds (375-ml) 1 bottle
Lost Abbey - Deliverance 2017 - Blend of Brandy Barrel Angels Share & Bourbon Barrel Serpents Stout (375-ml) 1 bottle
Lost Abbey - Bat Out of Hell 2018 - Bourbon-Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout w/ Coffee & Cacao Nibs (375-ml) 1 bottle
Lost Abbey - Number of the Beast 2015 - Bourbon Barrel Quadrupel w/ Raisins, Cinnamon & Chiles (375-ml) 1 bottle
Lost Abbey - Number of the Beast 2018 - Bourbon Barrel Quadrupel w/ Raisins, Cinnamon & Chiles (375-ml) 1 bottle
2 Likes

Okay, so I mixed this up with the XX. My bad.

1 Like

6 Likes

Top five beer ever made, in my opinion.

2 Likes

It certainly makes the Cantillon version its bitch. :wink:

2 Likes

That is a fact.

2 Likes

Odd find at a rinky dink place next to my work

7 Likes

6 Likes

Location used to be a sake brewery. Lots of history there: “Don Barkley Master Brewer of Napa Smith Brewery and the original brewer for the New Albion Brewing Co.” They recreated the original New Albion ale. Now “retired again”.

1 Like

6 Likes

7 Likes

What did you think of it?

2 Likes

Pretty impressive. Better than the 2010 I had in 2010.

1 Like

I found it over the top - even for a Lost Abbey. Too much alcohol in the finish. But it sure tatsted good :slight_smile:

1 Like

I found it boozier in the smell than the taste. My bottle was 1 calendar year old. How fresh was yours?

1 Like

About the same.

2 Likes

Your rating for smell and taste are flip flopped from mine. The look I was a bit generous with as I didn’t get any lacing and the foam was short lived.

1 Like

platform torrential downpour

Image result for platform torrential downpour

7 Likes