Bermondsey Saturday 13th October

Going to have a 5 or so hours to spare on a Friday afternoon so thought I’d check out some of the Hackney places (or Deptford). However it’s the same old problem for me - so few places open during the day.

There’s also Maregade taproom close by. They aren’t open every week and don’t seem to open to a set schedule so you need to check Twitter/Facebook. They were open last Saturday and will be open again this Saturday so I doubt they’ll open on the 13th too but you never know.

If you want to share some cans at The Experiment next friday just let me know. I expected to arrive Hackney around 15:30

As far as I can tell so far, I am free on Saturday 13th October, so happy to come along and share a few beers. Do you have an agenda yet? Start time and where?
Thanks

Ian

1 Like

Bottle Shop between 1000-1100 seems a good place to start

1 Like

Cool!!!

Not a rough itinerary for me. My first idea is starting at Bottle Shop around 10h. But I prefer that you guys, that knows the area, give your opinions for a good itinerary.

I have just received the next e-mail from Fourpure about the Birthday party.

So, now we need to get you booked into a tasting session. The sessions are capped to 20 people each and will be held on our Taproom mezzanine at the following times:
12pm
1:30pm
3pm
4:30pm
6pm
To book your place, please reply to this email and let us know which time you’d like to come to. These sessions are booked on a first come first served basis so when the 20 seats are booked up, the session will be sold out.
Please only book the amount of seats for the amount of tickets you have booked. These tasting session are for ticket holders (you!) only. Please do not reserve any seats for people who have not got a paid ticket. You will be asked to show your ticket on entry to the tasting.

This, may be a problem for us for sharing the ticks.

I would suggest you book one of the last 2 options as Fourpure is the far east end of the Bermondsey beer mile and the Bottle Shop is at the west end.

1 Like

Yeah. I will probably book last session.

Only 3 days to go.

Updated friday Itinerary:

12:00h Brewdog Tower Hill
13:00h Craft Beer Co. St. Mary Axe
14:00h (Hotel Check-In)

15:00h The Cock Tavern
16:00h The Pembury Tavern
17:00h Clapton Craft
18:00h St. John at Hackney
18:45h The Experiment/Deviant & Dandy

20:45h Redchurch
21:15h Mother Kellys
22:45h White Hart (One Mile End)

Thought about grabbing ticket, but it’s sold out for the beer included one. Hope still get to share, but if not it’s my own fault.

Hoping to get there while you all are still at bottleshop. No promises as we will be driving to Stratford for hotel and I’ll grab the tube from there. I’ve only been in that area once, so no real help on organization of stops.

1 Like

I dont know how the tasting session will work…but i hope to sneak the 2 limited ticks for you. Last session was fully booked so I reserved a spot for the 4:30pm session.

@harrisoni see you at Bottle Shop around 10:00?? Any itinerary recommendation?

Maybe a friend of mine will come from Warwickshire.

Not this Friday unfortunately.

Yes I will be at Bottleshop from 10.00 or close to it. Will be sat downstairs. At that time only a few will be in. Then do your itinerary as above.

1 Like

Looks like I should be able to join for at least some of the itinerary too. Whee! :grinning:

Probably not until 11am but we will see. What’s the best way to make contact on the day if we miss each other?

@SHIG @harrisoni and @BeerViking Im afraid I cant make it. I had a terrible night because of a food poisoning.
I hope you can make it and had a great time. Sorry for the inconveniences.

@SHIG as you show some interest about Fourpure tasting, I can send you my ticket if you want (of course for free).
No beer for me this weekend. Sorry guys. See you.

OK, well in that case, I will probably still hit Bermondsey, but a bit later. I want to have breakfast in the new Wetherspoon in St Pancras station.
So I should be in The Bottle Shop before 11.00

Will be in Anspach & Hobday from 11.00 ish, if not still in The Bottle Shop.

Hope you feel better soon. There’s lots of beer in the UK to drink.

1 Like