Release: First version of new Activity Feed

Yes, not only are random beer adds popping up in feeds, they seem to be the same random beer adds for everyone. A bizarre bug.

I came here to share more experience, and I agree with imdownthepub.

There are 3 active raters in Vancouver besides myself; the activity feed was the best tool to track what they were up to on a daily basis so I could plan what to do after work or the next day; now it takes me N times more effort to achieve the same (and therefore Iā€™m not relying on that page anymore); nothing new, the main reasons are:

• disperse information because of largely inefficient layout
  • buried information, because I get more updates from faraway places and people than from friends
  • one of the most active local raters is not an admin; heā€™s responsible for 98% of non verified local beers; I canā€™t track his activity anymore, none of the beers he just added are visible, but luckily katrinaez added Dogfish Head Mildly Darkly (who da hell is katrinaez???)

Also, the first time I open the bookmarked page, even if Iā€™m logged in, I see a message saying that Iā€™m level 1 of something; e v e r y . t i m e.

2 Likes

For me too! Iā€™m working on this with the other programmers.

Am getting good feedback in other places such as when a really neat beer comes out and is either a limited release or will be gone soon, or might require more rates, you can create a flag so that people that follow you will get the message.

Whatā€™s with all the Stone Enjoy Bys I see added in my feed?

2 Likes

You should be working to resolve the activity feed issue!!! Selective reading skills you have are over 9000.

This might be related to a sign in issue? If Stone is a favorite brewer, you should see them. If you arenā€™t favoriting any brewers you also might see them? Iā€™ll check in with the code as well.

Thanks for providing incentive to attend to forum feedback. When given a myriad of options everyday about where to focus oneā€™s time, attention and love, itā€™s easy to forget about the angry and disrespectful voices out there and attend to more agreeable needs of the company. But itā€™s important to remind myself that these problems donā€™t only affect the louder, poorly-behaved people out there but the good and possibly quiet ones as well.

1 Like

But theyā€™re all being shown as newly added.

2 Likes

I get the same thing. I follow 14 breweries and get beers from breweries i dont follow, added by people i donā€™t follow and who live far away from me. Way more often than beers from brewers or people I follow.

2 Likes

Got anything special planned for your 1000th rating? :wink:

thanks for the feedback,. i was able to find this and roll out a fix

3 Likes

I will not be able to comment his milestone on the new activity feed :sob:

Well, weā€™ll just have to mention it here. :wink:

Glad to the reply button isnā€™t blocked anymore.

1 Like

That feature was a tough one on the servers but I want to do as good as we can with a replacement.

Iā€™m wondering if I can simply provide a button to the forums to congratulate and have a forum for milestones?

2 Likes

Good stuff Joe, thanks!

Noa it is. Didnā€™t expect to be this convinced by it. Tasty.

1 Like

Great idea!

1 Like

Would be awesome. Cheers!

2 Likes

Provided week ago in a proper channel where all bugs should be reported: BUG New feed layout
0 response by your side. You prove my point that you answer only to easy question which you can understand.
PS. I wrote this msg very slowly 'cause I understand that you are a slow reader.

1 Like

Wow, the coding of this feature was a lot easier than expected. I was also able to add a link to send a private note to a friend with a milestone as well.

This is tested and now rolled out and live.

I did look into a test that would detect of a topic already exists for a given milestone but didnā€™t find anything at Discourse, unfortunately.

I hope you all enjoy the new features. And thanks again for your feedback and encouragement.

Have a great weekend.

3 Likes